Friday, August 31, 2012

Cruise

You make me want to roll my windows down and cruise...

So I'm trying to be frugal and do things around the area that are inexpensive, enjoyable, and sustaining. I know many people would disapprove of my sightseeing methods.  I could get my bike out and ride around, but it's so nice to drive a backroad through the Georgia countryside and cruise.

My task for this week is getting times arranged with the cottage leaders to have a weekly bible study.  Originally, I thought, no big deal, I can do the same "study" with all of the groups and just repeat it 5 times a week.  Then, I realized how many questions they have...

Thank you Duke School (elementary/middle school in Durham) for teaching me that teaching is better for the kids and you, if you teach what they're interested in.  I remember in Sunday School how no one wanted to talk and if you asked for questions, you NEVER got a response. I am thrilled that these kids have questions, so we're going to start there.

I have a feeling I'm going to learn a lot in the next few months :)

P.S. Going to be sending out a newsletter in September.  Please let me know if you're interested in receiving a copy via email or mail.  I will post a copy on the blog, but I can also send it to you directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment